Pages on The New Democrat
- Comments: What People Say on This Blog
- About Erik Schneider
- About Derik Schneider
- About Ederik Schneider
- About Kire Schneider
- About Rik Schneider
- About Fred Schneider
- Women's Style
- Jim Morrison and The Doors
- Libertarians: If You Think This is About Libertari...
- Comedy: The Lighter Side of Life
- Progressives: Progressives and Progressivism, Not Socialists and Socialism
- Classical Conservatives: Conservatives Who Believe...
- Classical Liberals: Real Liberals and Real Liberal...
Monday, January 13, 2014
PBS: Video: NewsHour: Marcia Coyle: U.S. Supreme Court Considers Definition of Recess Appointments
This is all about Senate Republicans ability to block President Obama’s recess appointments. Simply by having a large enough minority to prevent votes on legislation or executive appointments they do not like or agree with. Or do not believe that position should exist in the first place. Because of partisan ideological positions they have with Democrats. And I believe the Supreme Court will rule on the side of Senate Republicans on this simply because of the fact that Congress was technically in session when these supposed recess appointments were made. And technicalities tend to be very important in these close cases. Which tells me at least that Congress needs a better definition of what it means to be in recess. To prevent these partisan tactics from either the majority or minority from happening again. Especially the Senate that deals with executive appointments.